Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy International Day of Happiness!

"The pursuit of happiness is serious business." - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
 
I couldn't agree more with you, Ban (can I call you Ban?) and the United Nations, that HAPPINESS is serious bidness.  March 20th, officially deemed International Happiness Day by the United Nations, is a day that recognizes "the relevance of happiness and well-being as universal goals and aspirations in the lives of human beings around the world".  This is a holiday I can really get behind (see also: International Donut Day).  Everyone deserves to be happy!
 
To celebrate International Day of Happiness, or World Happiness Day, you can share a song that makes you happy on "The Worlds Happiest Playlist" by going to www.happysoundslike.com. I'm listening to the stream now and it is GOOD.

I'm very grateful that I have so many things to feel good about. Here's a list of 10 things that make me HAPPY.

1. My dog's tired face
2. The sound of my 3 year-old daughter's voice!
3. Fresh sheets
4. An ice cold can of Coca Cola (extra points if it induces brain freeze!)
5. Having enough things to be happy about to make a list
6. Publix ♥
7. Getting snail mail
8. My son's newborn smile (it may just be gas but who cares) 
9. My husband's special brand of humor
10. fuzzy socks
11. (Because #5 was kinda a freebie) Palm trees with Christmas lights 
It's good, right?

What makes you happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment